Saturday, 19 October 2019

AN UPSIDE DOWN WORLD


October is gradually coming to a close! This means we are getting nearer to allowances time (Corper’s allowances). May Almighty Allah spare our lives and may we remain in good health.
The current world is upside down. Haram is being made halal daily. We live in a haram-centric world. People engage in shameful immoral acts openly. I am really terrified at the condition of the world. To think that barely hundred years ago, alcohol, adultery and same-sex marriage were all illegal and punishable in the US, today, all these acts are legal and the people who engage in them have rights. Due to the relative prosperity the world is experiencing, we neglect our deen and any thought of the hereafter and concentrate on doing whatever our heart desires without regards to the Islamic position on the matters. This is the reason that amidst all the wealth and prosperity, we are still deep down depressed and unhappy. Man can only attain satisfaction when he obeys Allah and the ultimate satisfaction remains attaining Jannah.
When I look at my life, I am terrified by my sins. I always fear ending up in hell. I know it’s not good to look at the sins of others but when I see how others commit sins openly and publicise it on social media, I begin to think that maybe I may have a chance no matter how slim. With the ease of committing sins nowadays, the whole world is a mess. I will try to constantly seek forgiveness of Allah for my numerous transgressions. I also pray that Allah protects me from ever falling into the major sins I see others committing and displaying on social media. Social media is turning out to have major negative effects. Even though there are positives, as with all things in life, the negatives are tipping the scales at the moment.
The world today is what I would term upside down. We decide what is right or wrong based on our whims. We commit all the major sins and we don’t just stop there we also display and defend the sins. It’s really scaring how daring we have become in showing open defiance to our creator. This is the reason I am terribly afraid for myself and my family. I think every day about my chances of attaining Jannah. We live in a world of Shaitan. Shaitan is in control of our world today and I am not resistant to his overtures. I belong to the world after all. This is why I always hold on to Quran Chapter 39 verse 53 which instructs us to never despair of the mercy of Allah. The nature of today’s world is the reason I seem to have a lack of ambition. I don’t care much about worldly attainments and achievements. I just want to be able to support myself, feed, clothe and shelter myself without resorting to begging or demeaning myself. I am afraid of going to hell, literally! And the upside down world complicates and worsens my already precarious and desperate situation.
O Allah, make me steadfast in your worship. Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW I WOULD LOVE TO DIE