I have found that it is extremely difficult to maintain the same high spiritual commitment at all times. This is because iman rises and falls and there's nothing we can do about that except to make sure that we maintain a base level of iman that is high enough to keep us away from sins during our spiritual lows.
As I navigate through life, I want to improve my connection to Allah. One way to do that is by increasing my supererogatory acts of worship. I am working on that. Another way is to avoid sins as much as possible, which is a difficult thing in this modern age. Just existing in this modern age is a trial. For instance, moving on the road, a person can be confronted with so many temptations, from skimpily dressed ladies to all sorts of haram acts. It never gets easy.
One way I have discovered that helps towards reducing sins is identifying and avoiding triggers. This is super important. All sins have triggers and identifying and avoiding them would lead to a cleaner life that is devoid of sins. May Allah make it easy for us.
As I close out the year 2021, I would want to write a year review and I would want ending the year on a positive note to be part of my submission. This is why I have to do all I can to remain on the straight and narrow and obey Allah, avoid sins and repent from the ones shaitan made me commit.
The life is a constant struggle against shaitan and the only time it will end is after death. The goal is to strive towards ultimately defeating shaitan and dying as a true muslim. Hence, my sub goal of finishing the Gregorian year on a spiritual high and trying to maintain a high base level of iman.
O Allah, crown all my struggles with the ultimate success of jannah.
No comments:
Post a Comment