2020 has been a different year, in some aspects positively in other aspects, alhamdulillah ala kulli hal!
I started 2020 as a youth corper and I’m leaving it as a post NYSC Pharmacist actively searching for greener pastures. The fact that my life was spared means the world to me.
I had a life altering experience in Kano in my final weeks of service. Let’s say it meant the world to me that she saw as a good person. The details are in my hardcopy. And I am having a serious rethink regarding my position on marriage.
I came back home from youth service in the second week of March. I failed to secure employment (let’s leave it at that!) and then before I knew it, COVID-19 struck and we were on a three-month lockdown. Surviving became the goal for everyone. I observed Ramadhan and Eid-el-Fitr during lockdown. To be sincere, my 1441 Ramadhan is nothing to write home about. I didn’t achieve the spiritual growth I envisaged myself attaining and I pray that Allah spares my life to that of 1442 and grant me the ability to correct my errors.
After the lockdown, I secured a locum job and I am still making ends meet with the job. Alhamdulillah.
I watched about 20 kdramas this year (those that aired in 2020). I didn’t count the rest. I have been trying to quit watching kdramas but I’ve been finding it difficult. In sha Allah, I would succeed in 2021 if Allah spares my life and grants me the ability and mental strength.
One thing I am happy about is that my relationship with the Qur’an improved in 2020. I pray that Allah increases my taqwa and I become a better muslim as we collectively move forward. I also included the hijri calendar in my daily routine and I must say that I am seeing the impact in my life.
My priorities changed overall. I found inspiration in the story of Dalut and I realised that knowledge and a good healthy body are more important than wealth. The only way wealth counts is if it is in combination with beneficial knowledge and a healthy body. This is driving my strive towards attaining beneficial knowledge, both of the world and Islamic, with the goal of becoming a person who is more conscious of Allah.
I also struggled with quitting some of the sins I commit. This is also a work in progress as a lot of the things I engage in are haram. This is because the modern life is just wired to lead us to hell. And this is part of the reason I am desperately seeking for ways to increase my knowledge and Allah-consciousness. Without the moral compass of the perfect way of life that is Islam, it would be difficult to navigate through this messy world.
In conclusion, I listed all the things I think are relevant to my year 2020 but the most important blessing remains the fact that I entered the year a muslim and in sha Allah I am leaving the year a better Muslim. Islam remains the greatest blessing an individual can have. I am grateful for Islam, my health, my family, my friends and for all the numerous uncountable blessings Allah has bestowed on me. Alhamdulillah.
No comments:
Post a Comment