As you prepare to enter the great institution of marriage, I find it pertinent to share a few words of reminder to you, dear brother, despite knowing that you are far more knowledgeable than I am about this institution both theoretically and in practice. Yet, a few words of reminder will be beneficial in sha Allah.
As you plan your wedding, I advise you to make sure you always put Allah first in your life. Think about Allah's ruling on an action before embarking on it. In simple terms, I implore you to do your best to resist the temptation of things like pre-wedding pictures and wedding events that encourage free mixing of the genders. This is very vital as the goal is for our marriage to be blessed.In addition, you should work on you and your spouse looking at marriage through the lens of worship. Marriage as a way to attain closeness to Allah. Once you renew your intention, taking marriage as a worship, it will be easier to have sabr through the inevitable challenges that you may face once you enter the great institution.
Remember that marriage is important to Allah. It completes half of your deen. It is the sunnah of all messengers, including Prophet Muhammad SAW, as mentioned in Qur'an 13:38.
Fear Allah in your dealings with your spouse and try to overlook her faults. However, do your best to correct her in areas where she falters in the deen. In addition, encourage her to also correct you anytime you err upon the deen. Make yourselves sincere advisors to each other, this will help you both improve your practice of the deen.
Once you make the deen the goalpost of your marriage, Allah will ease your path to a happy married life.
In conclusion, I pray that Almighty Allah blesses your marriage and grant you the peace and tranquillity that we all expect to attain after marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment