Sunday, 18 October 2020

AS WE BEGIN THE THIRD MONTH OF THE 1442ND YEAR

Today happens to be the first day of Rabiul Auwal, 1442 AH. Rabiul Auwal is the third month of the Islamic calendar which counts from the hijrah of the Prophet from Makkah to Madina. Coincidentally, the hijrah happened in this same month of Rabi’ul Auwal, which is also the birth month of the noble Prophet . There are numerous causes to celebrate this blessed month, alas celebrations of these sort are bid’ah!

My little introspection led me to the conclusion that this is a month for us to count our blessings. The noble prophet was born in this month and the hijrah took place in this month. Muslims should reflect on the blessings of being among the chosen believers. Only the extremely lucky are blessed in this way. As a result, we should try to learn more about our religion, about the Quran and Sunnah and also the seerah of the Prophet . We never know when we would leave this temporary world, this is why it is pertinent that we make use of the time we have to sow the seeds we want to harvest in the hereafter.

On a personal note, I am trying to count a drastic change in my life beginning from this month. In sha Allah, I will be a better person, a better muslim, a better brother and a better son. I want a radical positive transformation and I pray that Almighty Allah aids me in my struggle for a positive and productive life. One thing I’ve noticed living in this modern age is that we are in a constant tussle with shaitan for the majority of our lives and Shaitan bests us most of the time. This is what scares me. One minute I am booming with iman and the next I can not recognise myself. One thing I have resolved is to never give up. I will rise up every time I fall in sha Allah and I will continue to pray to Allah to strengthen me as I struggle to be worthy of Jannah. I know that my deeds alone won’t take me to Jannah but I have to work hard so that Allah can have mercy on me.

Several months after finishing my service, I still don’t have a standard job. Alhamdulillah since I have a place of work, and I receive something every month, no matter how little. May Almighty Allah bless the little I earn and make me thankful and contented with what I have. I am afraid I no longer actively search for a better paying job because I somewhat believe that I deserve my current employment status due to my bad deeds. This is why it is important that I turn over a new leaf so that I can once again believe I deserve the good things of life. I live a relatively restrained life based on living on the bare minimums. That works for me. I pray that Allah blesses and uplifts me. May Almighty Allah increase me in beneficial knowledge, good health and wealth. Alhamdulillah.

                                                                                                                        

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HOW I WOULD LOVE TO DIE